The officer is responsible for:
- Collaborating with the primary and secondary health services, and other government and non-governmental organizations and social services, to coordinate, plan, implement and evaluate programmes to improve health and maintain wellness.
- Coordinating, conducting and facilitating training programmes with varying organizations.
- Developing, implementing and evaluating public awareness campaigns.
- Developing and distributing health education material in both print and electronic media
- Monitoring and evaluating health promotion programmes nationally.
Educational Training/Professional Career
Ms Samuel, a registered nurse, joined the Department in 2008. She completed her training in general nursing in 1991 and worked both at the Primary and Secondary care levels. Her post basic training includes Family Planning with the UWI St. Augustine, Volunteer Counselling and Testing & Provider Initiated Testing and Counselling with CHART/JPHIEGO and drug education with CICAD/OAS. Ms Samuel is the holder of a BSc in Behavioural Science and an Associate degree in Computer Information Systems from Andrews University. In 2012, she completed a MPH/HE/HP (Masters in Public Health/Health Education/Health Promotion) from the University of the West Indies, Mona.